A Mooresville woman said she'll never forget the day her Veggie Bullet appliance injured her.
"These were the blades that were on here and it flew like a disc," Camille DeSimone said.
DeSimone said she started up her Veggie Bullet home appliance when a disc-like component to the product was shot into the air -- the razor-sharp blades slicing her face and arm.
"A fraction of an inch higher and I would've damaged, severely, both of my eyes," DeSimone said.
DeSimone said she's experienced double-vision ever since the incident took place about a year ago. She reached out to FOX 46 Charlotte during a recent news tip phone bank.
How did the reported incident happen? Well, Veggie Bullet said it's investigating. In a statement to FOX 46 Charlotte...
“Veggie Bullet is dedicated to the safety and satisfaction of its customers. Every day people across the country safely use Veggie Bullet’s 3-in-1 food prep system that automatically slices, shreds, and spiralizes foods with the push of a button. The company is sorry Ms. Desimone was reportedly injured, wishes her well in her recovery, and will investigate how this incident could have occurred as she claims.”
Veggie Bullet is designed by Nutri Bullet -- an appliance that has been under the microscope, as of late.
There are 86 pending claims from across the country -- people who said they were seriously injured from the Nutri Bullet, often times, exploding due to pressure issues.
Nutri Bullet is a different product than Veggie Bullet and at this time, there is no clear indication that DeSimone's reported malfunction is similar to what's been reported with the Nutri Bullet cases.
That being said, DeSimone is warning users of the dangers.
"This isn't a zucchini shredder," she said. "This is a weapon."