CHARLOTTE, NC (FOX 46 WJZY) - As we get closer and closer to the first day of fall, it won't be long before the leaves start to change color across the Carolinas bringing in beautiful pops of yellow, orange and red.
A new interactive map predicts when fall colors will peak in every area across the country.
CLICK HERE to view the interactive map, just slide the bar at the bottom to any month you desire to see when fall foliage peaks in your area.
So what is the expectation for us in North Carolina? Here's a timeline:
- Minimal fall foliage the week of Oct. 15
- Patchy fall foliage the week of Oct. 22
- Partial fall foliage the week of Oct. 29
- Near peak fall foliage the week of Nov. 5
- Peak fall foliage the week of Nov. 12
- Past peak fall foliage the week of Nov. 19
Fall officially arrives on Saturday, Sept. 22 and ends Friday, Dec. 21.