CHARLOTTE, NC - The LGBT advocacy group Freedom Center for Social Justice began a new campaign called "Yes, You Can Go," last week.
Businesses and churches are putting these stickers on their doors that tells transgender people they can use the bathroom there.
The Unitarian Universalist Church has the sticker displayed.
The website for the campaign lists the following:
- All people deserve to feel safe in bathrooms, no matter how they identify.
- Transgender people have been using the bathrooms of their choice for years, with little incident.
- In NC, it is legal for a private business owner to determine how they will manage their restroom facilities.
- Trans people go to the bathroom for one reaseon...to relive themselves, just like you.
- There are far more important things to talk about other than using the bathroom.