With the 2019 New York Life ACC Men's Basketball Tournament set to get underway in Charlotte today, there are plenty of festivities in the community, many of them free. Here are some options:
- New this year, the ACC has placed Mascot sidewalk art in various locations around Uptown Charlotte for fans to “Find All Four”. The complete display of artwork will also be featured on the Spectrum Center Plaza.
- Select mascots of the ACC’s 15 teams will interact with hundreds of children attending field trips at the Museum.
- Tuesday, March 12, 9-10 a.m.
Charlotte Douglas Airport
- Select mascots of the ACC’s 15 teams will appear and interact with guests around the airport
- Tuesday, March 12, 4-6 p.m.
- Contestants between 6-12 months old will participate in a crawling race at halftime of the 7 PM game. Contestants have been pre-selected at random.
- Tuesday, March 12 at Spectrum Center
Mascots at The Square
- Select mascots of the ACC’s 15 teams will position themselves at Trade St. and Tryon St. over the lunch hour to interact with pedestrians
- Wednesday, March 13, 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte Visit
- Select mascots of the ACC’s 15 teams will visit families at the Ronald McDonald House
- Wednesday, March 13, 4 p.m.
Skip Prosser Student-Athlete Award
- Luke Maye (UNC) will accept his second consecutive scholar-athlete award prior to tipoff of UNC’s first tournament game
- Thursday, March 14, 7 p.m. at Spectrum Center