Python Who Swallowed Barbecue Tongs Gets Surgery

AUSTRALIA--Winston, a pet python, accidentally swallowed barbecue tongs.

Winston's owner was at their home home in Australia and was using the tongs to feed a dead rat to his pet.  But the python wouldn't let go and eventually consumed both rat and tongs.

X-rays show the tongs--clear as day--inside Winston. Surgeons at the University of Adelaide say it was easy to remove the tongs once they got the big end out. 

Pythons and other snakes regurgitate many things that cause them stomach trouble. However, the tongs were too much to cough up. The doctors say Winston is recovering well.
Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories you may be interested in -- includes Advertiser Stories