Frites with Grana Padano Cheese, Spring Onions & Roasted Tomato Ketchup by Chef Tim Wedell from The Westin Charlotte.
- Wash and clean russet potatoes
- Slice using French fry cutter
- Rinse under flowing cold water in medium size batches
- Lay on napkin covered sheet pans and dry thoroughly
- Blanche in fryer at 325° until lightly golden
- Place on napkin lined sheet pan and place in cooler
- Microplane grana padano cheese
- Slice green onion into very thin slices on the bias
Smoked Pepper Ketchup:
- Smoke 12 tomatoes in perforated hotel pan
- Add tomato puree to 1 can of tomato ketchup
- Add 1/3 can of chipotle peppers
- Season with salt, pepper and lemon zest
- Puree everything until smooth
- Fry blanched frites in fryer at 360° until golden and crispy
- Toss with salt, pepper, fresh chopped flat leaf parsley, grana padano cheese, and sliced green onion.
- Drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil. Garnish with additional grana padano.
- Serve with smoked pepper ketchup