Kid-Friendly Bhakti Bowls (Lemon-Blueberry Baked Oats) by Chef Julia Simon, Nourish
Makes 6-9 pieces
- 3 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup ripe banana, mashed (1 whole ripe banana)
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cup rice milk
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup organic blueberries, frozen
- Preheat oven to 375f. Grease a 11 in. x 7 in. baking dish with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and coconut sugar.
- Toss to mix, add coconut oil, then toss to coat grains thoroughly.
- In a smaller, separate bowl, combine mashed banana with applesauce, lemon zest, rice milk, lemon juice and maple syrup.
- Add wet mix to dry mix and stir thoroughly to combine. Stir in frozen blueberries.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, until edges begin to caramelize.
- Rest 10 minutes before cutting and serving.