Grilled North Carolina Mountain Trout by Chef Jamie Lynch, Nan & Byron's.
- 1 8 oz trout, cut into filet and skin removed
- 1 bunch kale, blanched
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon, roasted garlic
- .5 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 oz red pepper emulsion
- 4 yukon potato wedges, poached in duck fat
- 2 tablespoons red pepper and black olive salad
- Lightly season the trout with salt. Spray the grates of the grill with pan spray and lay the trout out on the grill.
- Cook the trout roughly 2 minutes per side until just cooked through.
- Melt the butter in a sautee pan and add the chili flakes, lemon zest and garlic cloves.
- Sweat for 2-3min.
- Add the kale and cook until hot.
- Finish the kale with the grated parmesan.
- Deep fry the poached potato until it is golden brown.
- Place a small bunch of kale in the center of the plate.
- On either side of the kale cross the crispy potatoes.
- Place the trout on top of the kale and potatoes.
- Drizzle the red pepper emulsion around the parameter of the kale.
- Place a small amount of the pepper salad on top of the trout.