Pasta Tossed with Swiss Chard & Coconut Milk, by Monica Smith, personal chef
- 1lb. of Food Lion Rotini Pasta (or any preferred pasta)
- 3 oz. dried sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Red onion, sliced thin
- 3 garlic cloves, whole and crushed
- 3 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 15 oz. can coconut milk
- 1 Fresh lemon, juice
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch of fresh swiss chard, cleaned de-stemmed and chopped
- ½ bunch fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- ½ cup pine nuts, roasted
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta in salted boiling water as directed on the box
- Heat a large sauté pan on medium high, add oil.
- Sauté red onions, garlic and ginger until soft.
- Add in coconut milk. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes; let simmer.
- Add swiss chard and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Toss with drained pasta, correct seasoning, add squeeze of lemon, fresh basil and top with pine nuts. Serve hot.