Peach Cobbler by Christine Guerriero, Sweet Lorraine's Bakery
Ingredients for Pie Filling:
- 4 lbs of peaches
- 1/2 of lemon juice and zest
- 1/4 of orange juice and zest
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp peach liquor
- 3 1/2 tbsp water
- 3 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
Ingredients for Cobbler Topping:
- 2 cups AP Flour
- 6 tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick of unsalted butter (chilled and cubed)
- Sanding sugar
Pie Filling Instructions:
- Peel and slice peaches.
- Put into a pot and add the lemon and orange juice and zest, granulated sugar and peach liquor. Cook until peaches are soft and sugar is liquefied.
- Mix water and cornstarch together (slurry) and pour into pot with filling. Cook on medium high heat stirring constantly until mixture begins to thicken and liquid becomes clear.
- Take off heat and let cool to room temp.
Cobbler Topping Instructions:
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in mixing bowl with paddle attachment.
- Add cold butter and mix until it resembles fine, even crumbs.
- Slowly add milk and mix until combined.
- Take dough out of mixing bowl and on lightly floured surface knead dough until it is fairly smooth.
- Method of Prep for Cobbler
- Pour peach filling into aluminum tin or ceramic dish.
- Take cobbler topping and drop pieces all over the top of the peach filling until completely covered. (this will give it a very rustic look, if you prefer a cleaner look you can roll the topping out and place it on top like you would a pie)
- Generously sprinkle clear sanding sugar on top and place on sheet pan before placing in oven at 325 degrees.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes, or until cobbler topping is golden brown.