Apple and Pumpkin Bisque
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 small onion, fine chopped
15 ounces pumpkin puree
15 ounces unsweetened applesauce
30 ounces chicken broth
apple cider vinegar
1. Melt butter and sautee onion until tender. (about 4 minutes)
2. Add applesauce and pumpkin and sautee.
3. Add all other ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Puree in blender until smooth.
Pumpkin seed crusted Chicken
1 cup hulled pumpkin seeds
2 cups flour
2 eggs, lightly whisked
1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
4 (4 ounce) chicken breast pounded thin
fresh Parmesan (if desired)
1. Coarsely process the seeds and add 1/4 cup of the flour and Parmesan as well as the seasonings. Transfer to a plate for dredging.
2. Break the eggs and into shallow bowl and lightly whisk.
3. Add remaining flour and mix with salt.
4. Heat enough oil to go halfway up breast in pan to 350 degrees.
5. Dip each breast into flour/salt mix then into whipped eggs. Quickly go to seed mixture.
6. Carefully place each breast into oil.
7. Fry each breast until coating is golden brown and chicken is 160 degrees on the inside.
8. Serve with choice of sides.