Sweet Potato Soup with Mustard Greens by Chef Alyssa Gorelick of Chef Alyssa's Kitchen
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cubed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 sprig rosemary
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced mustard greens
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- In a pot, bring the sweet potatoes and broth to a simmer and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- In a sauté pan, cook the onions until tender. Add the garlic and mushrooms; cook until golden brown. Add the mustard greens and rosemary and cook until wilted and fragrant.
- In a blender, process all ingredients for soup in batches until smooth. Return all to pan and heat through. Season to taste.