Lamb Ribs with Grilled Tomato Sauce
Recipe by Chef Alyssa Gorelick of Chef Alyssa's Kitchen
Serves 2 to 4
2 Tablespoons salt
1 Tablespoon coconut palm sugar
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 ½ pounds lamb ribs
1. Combine spices and rub the lamb. Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours.
2 Tablespoons honey
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon hot water
½ teaspoon cumin
Tomato-Roasted Pepper Sauce (recipe follows)
¼ cup Greek yogurt
Torn mint and parsley leaves
1. Combine honey, lemon juice, hot water and cumin in a bowl and have a pastry brush nearby.
2. Bring the lamb to room temperature, about 30 minute. Heat a grill on medium-high and grill the ribs, turning, as they begin to crisp on the edges, 10 minutes. Lower the temperature of the grill to medium and cook the lamb, turning every so often for at least 1 to 1 ½ hours. The lamb will be tender and begin to come off the bone.
3. As it finishes cooking, brush the honey mix on and allow that to create a warm glaze. Remove from the grill and cover loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes.
4. Cut between the bones and serve over tomato sauce and garnished with Greek yogurt and herbs.
Tomato-Roasted Pepper Sauce
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 shallot, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 roasted bell pepper, diced (drained if store-bought)
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Salt to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a small sauce pot over medium heat, then add the shallot and garlic to sweat for about a minute.
2. Add the tomatoes, peppers, paprika and salt and cook, stirring occasionally until the sauce comes to a simmer. Lower the heat and continue cooking for about 25 minutes. Adjust seasoning.