Heston Blake shares his special recipe for bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin, as part of Good Day Charlotte's "What's Your Dish?" series.
- One package of bacon (1 lb)
- Pork loin/tenderloin
- Broccoli (fresh or Frozen)
- 6 red potatoes
- 1 stick of butter
- Lawry's or other seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 cup of Milk
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Garlic (optional)
- 1 tbsp hot sauce- (Cholula, Texas Pete, etc.)
- Cut away any silver skin on pork. Rinse with water and pat dry.
- Cut two, 24 in. long pieces of plastic wrap and overlap.
- Place bacon in overlapping layers to create a mat.
- Place pork tenderloin on the bacon closest to you and begin to carefully roll up the bacon.
- Let set up in fridge for up to 4 hours. Then remove plastic and place on un-greased cooking pan/cookie sheet.
- Place in preheated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until an instant read thermometer reads 145 degrees.
- Remove the meat and cover with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes. (You could also sear the bacon wrapped loin and place it in a crock pot for several hours [maybe 4 hours-check temp])
- Dice 6 red potatoes, cover in water in a saucepan and bring to a boil until a fork can easily be inserted and removed.
- Strain water.
- Add 1/2 stick butter or more, 1/3 cup of milk, Lawry's salt, cheese and garlic and mix together.
- Blend & mash potatoes together with a hand mixer.
Butter Sauce Directions:
- Melt 1/2 stick of butter, 1/3 cup of milk and 1 tbsp of hot sauce in a sauce pan and salt to taste.