Keith Adams shares his recipe for a creamy green bean & potato skillet on Good Day Charlotte's "What's Your Dish?" series.
Makes 8 servings (1/2 cup each)
- A little olive oil (or butter, non-stick spray)
- Heaping tablespoon of garlic ( love garlic)
- 1/4 Chopped onions
- 3 Medium microwaved potatoes.
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz each) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese of choice (prefer Mexican 3 cheese blend)
- Saltines or bread crumbs
- Microwave potatoes for about 5 minutes. Should be firm, but cooked through. Cool them down with some cold water. Thick slice potatoes then quarter the slices.
- Spray large skillet with no-stick heat over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion & potatoes; cook 3 to 4 minutes till potatoes are a little brown. Add green beans; heat until hot, stirring frequently.
- Stir in soup and milk; heat until hot. Add cheese; stir until melted. Sprinkle with crushed saltines, and garnish with a little of the cheese.