Scott & Joey from Linwell Farms share their recipe for sweet potato pancakes for Good Day Charlotte's "What's Your Dish?" segment.
- 3/4 - 1 pound of sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of vinilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Wash and bake the sweet potatoes. Bake until they are tender and soft enough to be whipped.
- In a mixing bowl mix the flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, & cinnamon. Mix the mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, milk, and butter in a separate bowl. Blend the contents of the two bowls until they form a batter.
- Preheat a lightly buttered skillet over medium heat. Drop the batter mixture into the skillet in heaping spoonfuls (you choose how big you want each cake!). Cook until golden brown, turning just once.
- We top ours with cultured butter we get at the NoDa Farmers Market and honey harvested from our beehives.