ROWAN COUNTY, NC (FOX 46) - Sixteen people are being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning in Salisbury after a running generator was discovered inside a home, according to Rowan County EMS.
Authorities said at 4:45 p.m. Tuesday, four people arrived at Novant Medical Center with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
All of the people came from a home located at 204 Lloyd Street in Salisbury.
The fire department was dispatched and found high levels of carbon monoxide emanating from a generator that was powering the entire house.
Authorities said the gas was aired out of the home and the generator removed.
Around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, 11 more people arrived at Novant with similar symptoms. Of the total 15 at Novant, seven were airlifted to Duke Medical Center in Chapel Hill.
The remaining eight are under evaluation at Novant. Authorities said later in the evening the homeowner also began experiencing symptoms and went to the hosptial for treatment.
All 16 victims were in the home at some point. The city plans to do a follow up investigation on Wednesday.