CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) - Well, not everyone can get the seat they always want on a plane. Not even Carolina Panthers Quarterback Cam Newton.
Newton offered a man a whopping $1,500 to switch seats on a ten hour flight, but the man said no. The Charlotte football player was reportedly flying back from Paris, France where he attended Fashion Week.
Newton is estimated to be worth $45 million. He most recently signed a five-year contract with the Panthers in June 2015 worth $103.8 million. That means he earns over $20 million a year.
The Carolina Panthers start their regular season on September 8, 2019. The Panthers will also play in London for the first time this season as part of the NFL International Series.
MORE NEWS ABOUT THE CAROLINA PANTHERS:
- It's up! Carolina Panthers now have a bubble over practice field
- Panthers to face Buccaneers in London, team announces
- Cam Newton is a fan of Nick Kosir's #DripChronicles
- Greg Olsen Foundation donates $2.5M for new pediatric heart center at Levine Children's Hospital
- Jonathan Stewart visits injured UNCC sports writer Drew Pescaro in hospital