Cat rescued from house fire in Concord

A cat was rescued by firefighters from a house fire in Concord Saturday evening.

According to a release, the Concord Fire Department responded to the house fire around 8:45 PM in the 200 block of Hilltop Ave. S.W.  Fire crews arrived on scene within 4 minutes of being dispatched. The fire was brought under control by 23 firefighters in nine minutes. 

There were 2 occupants in the house along with the cat.  One of the occupants was transported to Northeast Medical Center by EMS. Their condition is unknown.