Dryer fire displaces 4 in NE Charlotte

Photo: Charlotte Fire Department

A dryer is to blame for causing a fire at a northeast Charlotte home Saturday evening.

The Charlotte Fire Department responded to the 13000 block of Purple Blossom Ln. around 9:40 p.m. When firefighters arrived there was heavy smoke coming from the two story home.  It took 23 firefighters to control the fire in 15 minutes and no injuries were reported, according to the fire department. 

Investigators say it appears that the dryer started the fire. Four adults were displaced and the Red Cross is assisting. The estimated damage to the home is $15,000.

Firefighters say a smoke alarm alerted the occupants who were able to evacuate safely.