(FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) - Early voting gets underway Wednesday in the District 9 Congressional Race following an election fraud scandal. This primary is mainly for registered Republicans and unaffiliated voters.
The winner of the Primary will face off against Democrat Dan McCready along with a Green and Libertarian Party candidates in the General Election this November.
There are ten Republicans on the ballot Wednesday. In order to avoid a runoff, one of the Republican candidates must receive at least 30 percent of the vote.
The election was ordered after the state board found irregularities and reports of election fraud to be valid.
Primary Election Day is May 14, 2019.
MORE ON NC09:
- Filing begins for new primary in District 9
- Potential Republican candidates emerge for NC09 following Harris announcement, McCrae arrest
- Who will run in District 9? Questions raised after Harris says he won't
- Harris operative McCrae Dowless charged in NC09 congressional race
- State Board of Elections votes to hold new election in NC District 9
- Elections head says ballots handled illegally in 9th congressional district