CHARLOTTE, NC (FOX 46 WJZY) - Three adults and two children are now without a home after their east Charlotte house went up in flames early Wednesday morning.
The fire occurred around 3:45 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 15 in the 300 block of Stilwell Oaks Circle.
Upon arrival, fire crews observed flames showing from the single-story home. Twenty-three firefighters were able to get the fire under control in 15 minutes. No injuries were reported.
Fire officials told FOX 46 Charlotte they believe the flames started in a bedroom and spread to the attic, where the most damage is.
The cause of the fire has been deemed accidental due to combustible material too close to a heat source, fire officials said. A mother and her two daughters, who were home at the time, were alerted to the fire by their working smoke detectors. Fire officials estimate $20,000 in damages.