HARRISBURG, NC (FOX 46 WJZY) - A 'hazardous materials' spill is now secured following an incident at a Harrisburg business Thursday morning, according to fire officials.
The leak occurred Thursday, August 9 at Galvan Industries, Inc. located along Galvan Way. All three Harrisburg stations arrived to the scene with several units from Charlotte Fire.
Fire officials said the low-level acid spill was liquid based, and not airborne. The leak occurred due to 'a process-control issue' from a burst pipe at the facility.
None of the employees were contaminated during the leak. One employee was taken to the hospital for an un-related medical emergency. The scene is now secured but the situation is being monitored.