CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) - The Carolina Panthers now have a bubble over their practice field in uptown Charlotte - and it's massive.
Crews tell FOX 46 that the bubble was fully inflated with air about 10 a.m. They said that the hard part was getting the water from Thursday's rain off it. They started inflating it about 6:30 a.m.
Back in March, Tepper was clear about wanting to build a bubble around the facility. Panthers tweeted out a photo showing the first stages of construction.
MORE ON THE CAROLINA PANTHERS:
- Panthers confirm practice field bubble construction has begun
- Two states, one team: Panthers fans celebrate team’s move to South Carolina
- SC Senate approves $115 million in tax breaks for Panthers
- Greg Olsen Foundation donates $2.5M for new pediatric heart center at Levine Children's Hospital
- Jonathan Stewart visits injured UNCC sports writer Drew Pescaro in hospital