LINCONTON, NC (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) - A Lincoln County man is accused of kiddnapping and sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl, the Sheriff's Office says.
Timothy Dishman, 45, has been charged with second degree kidnapping in connection to an alleged sexual assault that occurred earlier this year.
On Sept. 25, Lincoln County deputies received information about a possible sex assault of a teenage girl.
The victim told deputies Dishman, a distant relative of hers, had taken her from Lincoln County to Catawba County where he sexually assaulted her multiple times.
On Dec. 28 Dishman was interviewed by detectives and admitted to kidnapping the teen on Sep. 15 with the intent to commit sexual offenses.
He was taken into custody following the interview and charged with felony second degree kidnapping.
Dishman is being held at the Haven A. Crouse Detention Center under a $50,000 secured bond. He will have a first appearance in Lincoln County District Court on Dec. 31.
Catawba County Sheriff’s Detectives are continuing to investigate and are expected to pursue charges against Dishman.