For continuing coverage of the Pope's visit to the U.S., tune in here.
Pope Francis has begun celebrating Mass in front of hundreds of thousands of people in the final public event of his U.S. tour.
The Mass Sunday caps Francis' 10-day trip to Cuba, Washington, New York and Philadelphia.
Many reported waiting for hours to pass through security checkpoints to get to the Benjamin Franklin Parkway where the Mass is being held downtown.
Francis exited his popemobile at the foot of the Philadelphia Museum of Art as music by the Philadelphia Orchestra reached a crescendo.
Francis will depart Philadelphia around 8 p.m. to return to Rome.
Pope Francis will be visiting three US cities:
Tuesday, September 22, 2015
- 4:00 p.m. Pope Francis arrives at Joint Base Andrews, greeted by President Obama and VP Biden
Wednesday, September 23, 2015
- 9:15 a.m. White House South Lawn arrival ceremony, Pope makes remarks in English.
- 4:15 p.m. Mass outside the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. At the mass Father Junipero Serra will be canoized. The mass will be in Spanish with English translation.
Thursday, September 24, 2015
- 10:00 a.m. Pope address Congress
Travels to NYC
- 6:45 p.m. Pope arrives at St. Patrick's Cathedral greeted by Gov. Cuomo, Mayor de Blasio. Enters cathedral for Vespers service.
Friday, September 25, 2015
- 10:20 a.m. Pope address UN General Assembly
- 11:30 a.m. Pope arrives at Ground Zero with Cardinal Dolan. Pope greets family members then enters museum.
- 6:00 p.m. Mass at Madison Square Garden
Saturday, September 26, 2015
Travel to Philadelphia
- 10:30 a.m. Mass at Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul, Philadelphia
Sunday, September 27, 2015
- 7:00 p.m. Philadelphia Airport, Atlantic Aviation Hanger departure remarks with VP Biden and volunteers.