Local parents warn after losing son to "The Choking Game"

The Rock Hill Herald reports the death of an 11-year-old from Indian Land, South Carolina earlier this week.

Garrett Pope Jr. accidentally killed himself Wednesday while playing "the choking game."  That's where kids cut off their airwaves just enough to get a sense of euphoria.

According to a public Facebook post made by Garretts father, his son had just started middle school at Indian Land and also just started on the football team.

In his Facebook post, the father says he wanted to make other parents aware of  "The Choking Game".

Here is a link for parents to learn more.