Man's body found stuck between walls of Clover flea market

A man's body was found stuck between two walls at a Clover flea market.

The York County Coroner's Office responded to 406 Kings Mountain Street in Clover Wednesday to investigate.

33-year-old William "Eddie" Powers was pronounced dead at the scene.

Open Air Flea Market owner David Bowles called police.

"We had a break in on the 26th," Bowles said.  "And of course we didn't have any idea this would be the outcome of it."

RELATED: Police: Body found behind Clover business identified

Crime scene tape continues to surround the flea market parking lot a day after Eddie's body was discovered.

"We started smelling a foul odor," said Bowles.  "And we were searching for it and cut a hole in the exterior wall.  At that time, we found the deceased man's shoes and a sock-- and later discovered his body.  It was shocking.  I had no idea.  We thought we were digging out a rodent."

"It's really weird and scary," said Neighbor Summer Woody.  "I was there just the other day and I was inside the place walking and looking around."

Powers had last been seen on May 25 and was reported missing.  His white truck was discovered on May 27 abandoned in Clover.

"We want everybody to know Eddie was a man of God," said Eddie's Pastor Jason Robbins.  "He made mistakes like the rest of us-- but his mistakes didn't define who he was."

Eddie attended Kingdom Church, where Pastor Robbins became well acquainted with him.

"Eddie had lost his job and had a lot of so called friends he was trying to get away from in drugs," said Robbins.  "And he didn't want that life anymore."

While it's still unclear what Eddie was doing in the flea market, the coroner's office believes he fell between the two walls from the attic and had been there since he was reported missing.

"We feel sorry for the family," Bowles said.  "And our thoughts and prayers go out to them."

The York County Coroner's Office doesn't suspect foul play.  Autopsy and toxicology results are pending.