CHARLOTTE, NC (FOX 46 WJZY) - The owner of PlaySpanish, a local Charlotte company that teaches Spanish to children, has been arrested again after he was first taken into custody in March for an alleged child sex assault.
Ricardo Mata, 52, was arrested last Thursday, April 19, 2018 and charged with two counts of indecent liberties with a child.
The mother of a girl who was 6-years-old at the time told FOX 46 Charlotte, "The two new charges stem from an assault on her daughter at Eastover Elementary School."
She told FOX 46 her concern began when she saw Mata had been arrested in March. She said Mata reportedly performed "lock-downs" at the school and separated the children.
Mata would reportedly isolate the children in separate rooms where he would abuse them, she said.
Mata was arrested in mid-March after a 7-year-old girl and her parents claimed he sexually assaulted her at a summer camp at a Dilworth church last July.
Several CMS schools and Charlotte-area daycares have offered PlaySpanish in the past:
- Ballantyne Elementary
- Dilworth Elementary
- First United Methodist Church Child Development Center on N. Tryon St.
- Myers Park Baptist Church Through-The-Week-School
- Providence Baptist Church Weekday Education Ministry
- Steele Creek Presbyterian Church Child Development Center
- Kids 'R' Kids - The Academy at Blakeney