LINCOLN COUNTY, NC (FOX 46 WJZY) - An Iron Station man is facing multiple charges after police said he fired his gun inside a residence near two women and five children.
Deputies were called to a home around 3 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 24 on Long Neck Drive for the report of shots fired.
One of the victims said that Juan Soto, the suspect, was somewhere in the home while she, her sister and five children were in a back bedroom. Deputies were able to assist all of them out of a bedroom window to safety.
Shots had been fired during the incident one in the ceiling and another in the floor but no one was injured, deputies said.
Unable to get anyone to respond to their commands, deputies devised a plan to make entry into the home. Sheriff David Carpenter, who was on the scene, unlocked the front door to the home with a key provided by one of the family members and deputies using a shield for protection entered the home.
Soto was found lying on a sofa in the living room. Deputies said he failed to respond to commands and was taken to the floor and secured in handcuffs following a brief struggle.
The 51-year-old is charged with with seven felony counts of second degree kidnapping, one felony count of discharging a firearm inside an occupied building, and one misdemeanor count of assault by pointing a gun.
Soto was placed in the Harven A.Crouse Detention Center without bond.