"The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte apologizes to any guests we may have offended for the addition of a service charge that was implemented during a recent event in our lobby lounge. The service charge was an automatic gratuity of 15% that was distributed in full to the servers who worked the event. The service charge was not intended to offend anyone and we are deeply sorry for any misunderstanding we may have caused. The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte is also cooperating fully with the North Carolina Attorney General's inquiry into this matter. We are committed to ensuring that all guests feel welcomed at our hotel and receive the highest level of service, respect and hospitality we strive for every day at The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte."
- What was the purpose of the surcharge?
- What days and times did they include the charge on patrons' bills?
- How and when did the hotel let customers know they were including the extra charge?
- What did the hotel do with the extra money?
- Has the hotel used similar charges for other events?