Southpark Mall evacuated due to carbon monoxide, 4 taken to hospital

Southpark Mall was evacuated for hazardous carbon monoxide conditions Thursday night, according to Charlotte Fire.

The Four people taken to CMC with potentially life threatening injuries have been released, according to spokesperson with Southpark Mall.

CFD received a call for hazardous conditions at the mall around 8:30 p.m.

CFD says they found high levels of carbon monoxide inside the mall and it took 40 firefighters to get the incident under control. 

The fire department monitored conditions inside the mall throughout the night. and said the hazards related to the incident have been removed.

There were multiple patients with signs and symptoms common with carbon monoxide, according to Medic.

Medic left two life support ambulances as a precaution and to provide support for CFD.

Mall security will open at 10 a.m. Friday.