CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) - A student brought a gun to South Mecklenburg High School on Tuesday, CMS officials say. 3
Parents received a notice from the school's principal today saying that the firearm was found in a student's posession on campus.
It was immediately turned over to the school resource officer, and they say there is no indication that a threat was made to anyone.
Classes were not interrupted by the incident, and the principal says appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.
"Parents please speak to your child to remind them that our safety at school is top priority and to not bring inappropriate items to school."
No other information has been released at this time.
- 13-year-old student arrested for bringing gun to school
- 5-year-old brings loaded handgun into local elementary school, police say
- Gun used in deadly Butler High School shooting was stolen, police say
- Students weigh in on security changes at CMS schools
- See something, say something: How students can report suspicious behavior at their schools