CHARLOTTE, N.C. (FOX 46 CHARLOTTE) - A man has been arrested in connection with last Monday's murder that occurred nearby UNC-Charlotte, police say.
Fuaad Ali, 24, has been charged in the murder of Jamontae Morris, who died from his injuries at the hospital following a shooting at an apartment complex in the University area Monday night, according to Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police.
Officers were called to 901 Place in the 800 block of Forty Niner Avenue around 8:10 p.m. for reports of a man shot. The victim was taken to the hospital by Medic with life-threatening injuries. He was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
Police said a fight broke out between the victim and another man, and he was shot in the doorway of an apartment.
The apartment complex is student housing, and it is a gated community, but police say the victim was not a student. Police are continuing to investigate this incident.
MORE FROM FOX 46 CHARLOTTE:
- Police: Former pastor tries to euthanize dog by drowning it
- SC woman arrested in alleged stun-gun attack on girlfriend of child's father
- Daily aspirin may not lead to a healthy heart, doctors say
- Charlotte neighbors help out after kids robbed at lemonade stand
- 3 kids, 8 adults displaced after fire at Cornelius condominium complex