CHARLOTTE, NC (FOX 46 WJZY) - Two families are without a home on Christmas Day following an early morning fire in northwest Charlotte, fire officials said.
The flames started around 2 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 25 in the Bellhaven Estates community on Bellhaven Blvd.
Upon arrival, fire crews observed two trailers heavily engulfed in flames. Fire officials said there were two adults in one trailer, and adults with several kids in the other trailer. All were able to escape unharmed.
Both trailers are destroyed. Red Cross is helping both families, including assisting one of them with housing. The other family is staying with neighbors, temporarily.
Charlotte Fire said the fire was accidental due to an electrical problem. Total damage for both homes totals around $50,000.