Woman claims new hair dryer turned into a 'blowtorch'

(Facebook Screenshot, Erika Shoolbred)

A South Carolina woman says her new hair dryer turned into a "blowtorch" when she turned it on.

Erika Shoolbred posted a video on Facebook, which showed flames shooting out from the blow dryer she says she bought online. 

Talk about a bad hair day! My new hair dryer (more like hair frier) from OraCorp on Amazon.com became a blow torch on its first use this morning," Shoolbred said in her post. "

Shoolbred says the dryer left a small burn on her hand and stunk up her bathroom.

She claims she is still waiting on a response from the manufacturer, OraCorp.