STATESVILLE, NC (FOX 46 WJZY/WSIC) - Twenty Lowe's employees are heading to Florence, South Carolina from Statesville, North Carolina to help communities recover from Hurricane Florence.
The team that is going are voluntarily leaving their stores and serving on employee relief teams.
Lowe's and their employee volunteers are organizing free community events at stores in the hardest hit areas to provide free hot meals and critically needed items.
NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson also plans to be at the Lowe's of S. Wilmington from 3 to 6 p.m. Thursday, providing relief supplies and supporting local residents.
Lowe's has four events planned on Thursday, Sept. 20 including:
- Free hot meals: 500 per store, while supplies last
- Nearly 6,000 free buckets of cleanup and repair supplies, from sponges to household cleaner to garbage bags, dust masks, and more
- More than 1,400 buckets will be available per store, while supplies last
- Charging stations
- Lowe's of South Jacksonville, 425 Yopp Road, Jacksonville, NC 12-3 p.m. ET
- Lowe's of New Bern, 1400 Lowe's Blvd., New Bern, NC 12-3 p.m. ET
- Lowe's of South Wilmington, 5110 S. College Road, Wilmington, NC 3-6 p.m. ET
- Lowe's of Northeast New Hanover, 191 Porter's Neck Road, Wilmington, NC 3-6 p.m. ET